In a continuation of our commitment to Health and Safety, we recently achieved CHAS accreditation, which is the Contractor’s Health and Safety Scheme. This achievement followed rigorous auditing of our policies and management systems. Coupled with our own Health and Safety officer, this provides clients with the knowledge that all projects will be managed safely.
Mixbrow Construction is committed to providing a working environment that safeguards all employees, clients, members of the public and others that may be affected by our work activities. Our number one priority is to ensure that everybody goes home safely and in good health.
Mixbrow Construction operates a robust Health, Safety and Welfare management system that is integrated into all areas of our business. In addition to ensuring compliance with current legislation, our management system provides us with the tools necessary to enable us to work towards our target of zero accidents.
We work hard to control work activities with the potential to impact on an individual’s health. We adopt working methods that minimise health risks to a level that is as low as possible. Occupational health screening and monitoring is undertaken as required in order to highlight any potential issues before they develop.
The development of a positive culture is vital to the successful implementation of the company’s health and safety management system. Total commitment is required from all members of the team. This is achieved by:
- Active promotion through effective consultation.
- Continual education and training. This applies equally to everyone, from the board of directors to apprentices.
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of safety performance in order to continually drive down the incidence of unplanned events.
The company recognises that suitable site welfare facilities are essential to the wellbeing of site personnel. This in turn, contributes significantly to the successful completion of a project.
- British Red Cross Trained 1st Aiders are present on all of our construction sites.
- A number of our sites are registered with the Considerate Constructors Scheme, confirming our commitment to the provision of a high standard of facilities.
High standards in occupational health, safety and welfare are of paramount importance to the company and actively contribute to our future success.